Fallen Central Texas Deputy Laid To Rest

More Video...

BELL COUNTY (December 16, 2013) Law enforcement officers and first responders from throughout Central Texas and around the state gathered Monday at the Bell County Expo Center as family, friends and colleagues said farewell to Bell County Deputy Sheriff Adam Davis, who died 10 days after suffering severe head injuries when his patrol car crashed as he responded to a call.

Bell County Deputy Adam Davis. (Courtesy photo)

Davis was laid to rest Monday afternoon in Hillcrest Cemetery in Temple after a long funeral procession wound its way from the Expo Center.

Davis was a native of Big Spring who graduated from Belton High School in 1996.

He started his career in law enforcement as interim chief of police in Troy.

Davis had been a reserve deputy with the Bell County department since 2007 and was hired full time in August.

Davis' father, Carlos Davis, also works at the Bell County Sheriff's Department.

One of his brothers works at the Bell County Jail and another is a Johnson County sheriff's deputy.

His survived by his parents, a son, his two brothers and a sister.

In lieu of flowers, the family requested that donations be sent in Davis’ memory to St. Jude’s Children’s Foundation.

A benefit that was planned Sunday for Davis and his family was postponed, but donations may also be made to the Extraco Bank benefit account established for Davis' family.

The account is styled Norman Hubbard for the benefit of Adam Davis account number 20438917.

Davis was near the end of his shift when he responded at around 9:15 p.m. on Dec. 1 to a report of a man with a gun near Pendleton.

He lost control of his patrol car on Farm-to-Market- Road 1237 just southwest of the community.

The deputy’s patrol car rolled several times and came to rest in the yard of a home, authorities said.

Davis was flown to Scott & White Hospital, in Temple, where he remained in critical condition and on life support until his death last Wednesday.

Bell County Sheriff Eddy Lange announced Davis’ death in a broadcast over the department’s two-way radio system.

“Rest assured,” he said, “there is one more angel out there watching your back.”

The call to which Davis was responding turned out to be unfounded, authorities said.

Firefighters positioned along the route of the funeral procession Monday. (Photo by Nick Delgado)