KWTX News 10 | Central Texas, Waco | News, Weather, Sports

Fire That Engulfed Central Texas House Was Weather-Related

By: Ben Griffin Email
By: Ben Griffin Email
More Video...

TROY (May 10, 2013)—The cause of a fire that heavily damaged a house overnight in Troy was related to the powerful storms that hammered parts of Central Texas Thursday.

The fire was reported just before 11 p.m. Thursday off FM 2086 in Troy and firefighters were still at the scene early Friday morning.

No one was inside the home when the fire started and no injuries were reported, but the house was extensively damaged.

Bell County Fire Marshal Steve Casey said the fire was caused by an electrical short from an electrical service line that was torn from the house when the storm downed a tree during a storm Thursday night.

When power was restored and the line recharged, it shorted out and set the house on fire.

“It was a bad storm," Casey said.

“I’m surprised we didn't have more of that."


KWTX-TV News 10 6700 American Plaza Waco, Texas 76712 (254) 776-1330 Fax (254) 751-1088
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 206880011