KERRVILLE (May 23, 2014) A rabbit that kindergarten students were raising was the only casualty of a fire that engulfed part the New Beginnings Church School in Kerrville.
Teachers safely evacuated their classrooms after the fire broke out Thursday, but the rabbit, named Cupcake, didn’t make it, as the flames spread through two of the rooms.
Meagan McInnis, daughter of the church's pastor, said the rabbit belonged to her daughter, but that the school's kindergarteners were raising it as their own.
Firefighters were raising money to get a new rabbit.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.