Local School Evacuated After Fire Reported In Bathroom

TEMPLE (March 7, 2014) Thornton Elementary School in Temple was evacuated early Friday after a fire was reported in a bathroom.

The fire was reported just before 7:30 a.m. Friday and had been extinguished by the time the first Temple firefighters arrived.

Students and staff returned to the building after firefighters investigated and found lingering smoke, but no damage.

The Temple Fire Marshal’s Office is investigating.

No further details were available Friday afternoon.

2900 Pin Oak Drive.


KWTX-TV News 10 6700 American Plaza Waco, Texas 76712 (254) 776-1330 Fax (254) 751-1088
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 249044651 - kwtx.com/a?a=249044651