KEENE (March 5, 2014) A man who was hurt in the fiery explosion of a house near Keene in Johnson County was flown to Parkland Memorial Hospital in Dallas.
The victim said he left a tank of propane near a lit fireplace, authorities said.
Patrick Lawrence, 68, suffered burns in the explosion, the Johnson County Sheriff’s Office said Wednesday.
Investigators are trying to determine whether the propane caused Tuesday night's explosion.
Lawrence told deputies that he put a tank of propane near the lit fireplace but couldn't immediately explain why.
Lawrence said he went into the kitchen and then the house exploded.
He was in good condition Wednesday, the hospital said.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.