Man Robbed At Gunpoint In Waco Neighborhood Then Shot

WACO (June 6, 2014) A 25-year-old man was shot in the legs as he tried to flee after two men robbed him of his shoes and phone Thursday night in a North Waco neighborhood.

The man, who was not identified Friday, told officers that the two men, who were riding in a black SUV, robbed him just after 10:30 p.m. Thursday near the intersection of North 27th and Woodrow Avenue, police Sgt. W. Patrick Swanton said.

He told officers that as he tried to flee, one of the robbers opened fire, hitting him twice in the legs.

The victim was taken to Baylor Scott & White Hillcrest Medical Center in Waco where he was treated and later released, Swanton said.

A short time later, officers were sent to a convenience store at 2020 North 25th Street in response to a report of a disturbance in the parking lot.

Officers attempted to stop a black SUV whose passengers were involved and two men jumped from the vehicle and ran, Swanton said.

Clyde Vonzell Forcey, 19, was arrested after a foot chase, but the second man escaped, Swanton said.

Forcey was in the McLennan County Jail Friday charged with unlawfully carrying a weapon and evading arrest.

The disturbance has not been linked to the robbery and shooting.

Forcey and his cousin, Alex Charles Forcey, 23, were arrested in April and charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon in connection with what police described as a gun battle outside of a Waco nightclub that left one man injured.

Marcus Dewaine Long, 31, was shot in the leg during a fight that erupted at around 2:25 a.m. on April 20 in the parking lot of Club Crush at 1014 North 25th St. in Waco.

In September 2012, Waco Street Crimes officers and U.S. Marshals arrested Forcey, who was then 17, in connection with an armed robbery in August 2012.

On August 26, 2012 two men and a woman were robbed outside of a Waco apartment complex.

The victims told officers they had gone to the complex to visit friends and as they parked, a group of about six men approached, some with guns drawn, and demanded money and other valuables.

The robbers took cash, shoes, clothing, jewelry and cellular telephones, then forced the three back into their van and made them drive away.

No one was injured.