Rusty Garrett here with the weekend outlook: Saturday, rain stays with us, but should taper off by Sunday, the drier of the two days.
HARGILL (January 1, 2013)--A preliminary investigation into a mobile home fire that killed three young children indicates the likely cause was an electrical problem, Hidalgo County Sheriff Lupe Trevino said.
Trevino said investigators found no evidence of accelerants that would suggest arson and space heaters in the home also did not cause the fire early Sunday morning.
Trevino speculated that the family may have been running extension cords from one trailer to the other.
The side-by-side mobile homes were engulfed in flames when firefighters arrived.
Trevino says the victims were 15-day-old Victorino Robledo, 1-year-old Angelica Robledo and Salvador Robledo, 3.
The children's parents and grandfather were taken to San Antonio for treatment of burns and smoke inhalation.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.