MARLIN (June 16, 2014) Authorities evacuated some homes Monday morning in north Marlin because of a natural gas leak, Marlin Mayor Elizabeth Nelson said.
The evacuations were ordered in the area of Ward Street, Bluebonnet Drive and Neumann Drive, Nelson said.
Nelson said the evacuation involved 40 to 50 homes, police later said 10 homes were evacuated, and Monday afternoon Marlin Fire Chief Justin Parker said just four homes were involved.
The leak started after a backhoe struck a two-inch gas line, police said.
Repairs were underway by early afternoon and residents were allowed to return to their homes about about two hours.