COPPERAS COVE (April 3, 2013)—The Copperas Cove H-E-B was evacuated Wednesday after smoke filled a cooler in the store at 2990 East Highway 190.
Customers were advised to leave the store as smoke began to fill the cooler in the meat market area Wednesday afternoon.
Some left their carts in the aisles or in checkout lanes as they headed outside.
The smoke was traced to a malfunctioning cooler.
After Copperas Cove firefighters cleared the smoke from the building, employees reentered the store late Wednesday afternoon to clean up and the store was reopened for business at around 5:30 p.m.
Store managers declined to comment on the incident, but said the corporate office in San Antonio would later issue a press release.
No one was injured.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.