Rusty Garrett here with the weekend outlook:
Sunshine, heat and humidity will be the theme across Central Texas Saturday & Sunday. Keep an eye on those triple digits and plan your outdoor activities accordingly!
TEMPLE (October 8, 2010)—A smoky fire Thursday night forced the evacuation of Doane Pet Care at 3401 Eberhardt Rd in Temple.
Twenty-one employees were in the building at the time, fire officials said Friday.
The fire broke out in a dryer unit just before 9:30 p.m. Thursday and the first units on the scene reported that heavy smoke was pouring from the building.
Because the fire was in a manufacturing facility, a second alarm was ordered.
Damage was limited to the interior of the dryer.
An equipment malfunction caused the fire, officials said.
The last units left the scene just after 11:30 p.m. Thursday.