KWTX News 10 | Central Texas, Waco | News, Weather, Sports

Stove Fire Claims Texas Man’s Life

FORT WORTH (January 3, 2014) A man died after an apartment fire overnight in Fort Worth that investigators say likely was started by food left cooking on a stove.

The fire appears to have been accidental, the Fort Worth Fire Department said Friday.

Firefighters responded late Thursday night to the fire in a first-floor unit of a two-story complex.

They found unresponsive man in the apartment and he was taken to a Fort Worth hospital where he later died.

His name wasn’t immediately released Friday.

The fire was contained to a single apartment.


KWTX-TV News 10 6700 American Plaza Waco, Texas 76712 (254) 776-1330 Fax (254) 751-1088
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 238605471