KWTX News 10 | Central Texas, Waco | News, Weather, Sports

Texas Boy, 4, Chokes On Food At School, Dies

DALLAS (March 22, 2013)—Manny Ramirez, a 4-year-old pre-kindergarten student, died after choking on food during lunch at a Dallas school.

Counselors were available Friday at Mount Auburn Elementary School, Dallas Independent School District officials said.

A letter was sent home to parents about Thursday's incident and the death.

School officials said the boy was in the cafeteria eating with other children when he started coughing and choking.

A school nurse managed to dislodge the food while others called 911, and then the boy suffered a seizure.

District spokeswoman Rebecca Rodriguez says CPR was performed, but the boy died.


KWTX-TV News 10 6700 American Plaza Waco, Texas 76712 (254) 776-1330 Fax (254) 751-1088
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 199553501