Rusty Garrett here with the weekend outlook: Saturday, rain stays with us, but should taper off by Sunday, the drier of the two days.
DAYTON (February 18, 2013)--A 12-year-old Southeast Texas boy was critically burned in a fire he started while he used gasoline to try to get rid of some ants, the Liberty County Sheriff's Office said.
Authorities said the boy, who’s from Dayton, was burned over 80 percent of his body Sunday.
He was taken to a Houston hospital.
His name wasn’t released and further details on his condition were not immediately available Monday.
Capt. Ken DeFoor says the boy accidentally set himself on fire as he poured gasoline on anthills in an attempt to burn the insects.
DeFoor says the flames spread to a plastic container of gasoline that the boy was using outside his home in Dayton, about 35 miles northeast of Houston.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.