KWTX News 10 | Central Texas, Waco | News, Weather, Sports

Texas Boy Critically Injured In Fire He Set To Kill Ants

DAYTON (February 18, 2013)--A 12-year-old Southeast Texas boy was critically burned in a fire he started while he used gasoline to try to get rid of some ants, the Liberty County Sheriff's Office said.

Authorities said the boy, who’s from Dayton, was burned over 80 percent of his body Sunday.

He was taken to a Houston hospital.

His name wasn’t released and further details on his condition were not immediately available Monday.

Capt. Ken DeFoor says the boy accidentally set himself on fire as he poured gasoline on anthills in an attempt to burn the insects.

DeFoor says the flames spread to a plastic container of gasoline that the boy was using outside his home in Dayton, about 35 miles northeast of Houston.


KWTX-TV News 10 6700 American Plaza Waco, Texas 76712 (254) 776-1330 Fax (254) 751-1088
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 191678661 - kwtx.com/a?a=191678661