KWTX News 10 | Central Texas, Waco | News, Weather, Sports

Texas Couple Found Dead; Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Suspected

TYLER (December 19, 2012)--Police suspect carbon monoxide poisoning from an electric generator operating indoors in the deaths of an East Texas man and wife whose bodies were found in their home.

A Tyler police statement says officers were sent to the couple's home about 3 p.m. Tuesday after a family member found their bodies.

Police found the gasoline-powered generator had been operating inside the home.

Sgt. Paul Robeson said an autopsy was ordered.

The couple was identified as Cynthia Pettigrew, 50, and Johnathan Lydia, whose 49th birthday would have been Tuesday.

The statement says the family member reported not having heard from the two in days.


KWTX-TV News 10 6700 American Plaza Waco, Texas 76712 (254) 776-1330 Fax (254) 751-1088
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 184129581 - kwtx.com/a?a=184129581