CONROE (January 19, 2014) A 3-year-old girl was in critical condition Sunday in a Texas hospital after she was severely burned while standing near an outdoor fire in Montgomery County.
The girl suffered burns over about 75 percent of her body, according to a news release Sunday from the Montgomery County Fire Marshal's Office.
The accident occurred near her home in an unincorporated part of the county between Magnolia and Tomball.
Initial reports indicated that old gasoline was disposed of on the fire shortly before the accident, the press release said.
Fire officials say weathered gasoline can be even more volatile than fresh gasoline, especially when poured near an open flame.
The girl's family took her to a hospital in Tomball.
She was then flown by helicopter to a burn center in Galveston.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.