FORT WORTH (February 13, 2014) Edward Able, 57, who was critically burned after lighting a cigarette in a house that filled with natural gas as it was being heated with a kitchen stove, has died of his injuries.
Able suffered second- and third-degree burns in the fire Sunday night at a home in Sansom Park just northwest of Fort Worth.
He died Wednesday at a Dallas hospital.
Police Chief Randy Driver has said the home was being heated with a kitchen stove.
He said it appears that when the flame went out, the gas went up through a vent that emptied into the attic.
Driver has said Able was burned when he lit a cigarette that ignited the fumes.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.