HOUSTON (June 17, 2013)—Habibo Ibrahim, 27, of Houston was facing charges Monday in the death of her 11-month-old daughter after the infant was severely burned and later treated with a homemade remedy that contained lethal amounts of a pain reliever, authorities said.
Ibrahim was charged with injury to a child and reckless injury to a child in the March 5 death of her daughter, Honay Buwa, who was burned on March 1 and then treated with a mixture of cocoa butter and acetaminophen.
An autopsy determined the infant died from toxicity resulting from liver failure caused by the acetaminophen.
Police say Ibrahim initially claimed her daughter was burned with boiling water, but investigators say she later told officers the infant's pajamas caught on fire.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.