(Temple Fire & Rescue photo)
TEMPLE (December 8, 2013) Three dogs died in a fire that broke out late Saturday afternoon in a 32-foot travel trailer in the backyard of a home in the 1000 block of West Avenue A in Temple.
A space heater that was left running inside the trailer to provide a warm area for the dogs was identified as the cause of the fire, Temple Fire & Rescue spokesman Thomas Pechal said.
The trailer and its contents were a total loss, Pechal said.
The fire was reported at around 4:15 p.m. Saturday.