HOUSTON (January 10, 2012)--A review of security video from a camera in a Houston school bus led authorities to charge two 10-year-old boys in the sexual assault of an 8-year-old boy.
The incident happened in August, but the investigation took several months to complete, authorities said.
Houston police spokesman Kese Smith said Tuesday it is not unusual for investigations involving juveniles to take that long.
The boys were arrested last week.
Houston school district spokesman Jason Spencer says officials were first made aware of the assault when a parent asked the district’s transportation department on Aug. 30 to review conditions on a bus that transports special needs students to an elementary school.
Officials say they found evidence of the assault in a review of security video.