KWTX News 10 | Central Texas, Waco | News, Weather, Sports

Vacuum Cleaner Sets Texas Mall Worker’s Clothes On Fire

BEAUMONT (January 2, 2014) A 39-year-old woman who was using a backpack-type vacuum cleaner late Thursday morning at a Macy’s Store at Beaumont’s Parkdale Mall was seriously burned when the cord shorted and set her clothing on fire.

The contract-worker, who received second- and third-degree burns to her back, was taken to a hospital burn unit in Galveston.

Her name and further details about her injuries weren’t immediately released.

KWTX-TV News 10 6700 American Plaza Waco, Texas 76712 (254) 776-1330 Fax (254) 751-1088
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 238487201