FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Job Status: Full Time
Work Schedule: Varies
Direct Supervisor: Human Resources Manager
This position will be responsible for all aspects of Human Resources. It will also be responsible for assisting with Payroll functions.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
• Maintain applicant files
• Screen, reference and track application history on all job applicants and receive and process job applications after review by Human Resource Manager
• Interview job applicants to obtain and verify information used to screen and evaluate them
• Inform job applicants of their acceptance or rejection of employment
• Arrange for advertising or posting of job vacancies as directed by Human Resource Manager
• Maintain job descriptions and update accordingly
• Review policy and procedures for understanding
• Maintain master procedures books and update as needed
• Check departmental procedures books for compliance on a regular basis
• Ensure hiring procedures are completed with accuracy (I-9, W-4, etc.)
• Process, verify and maintain personnel related documentation, including staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations, and classifications
• Examine employee files to answer inquiries and provide information for personnel actions
• Responsible for all personnel tracking functions (Absence Requests, Time Card Edits, schedules, Uniforms, etc.)
• Provide assistance with and maintain payroll processing
• Provide assistance in administering employee benefit programs and worker’s compensation plans
• Assist Department Managers with Policy compliance and hiring procedures
• Check out keys and reference materials
• Maintain master key list
• Assist with other tasks as requested by Owners
• Related degree work or 1-2 years work experience. Ability to use personal computer and type 45-50 wpm
• Customer oriented – ability to take care of customers’ needs while following company procedures
• Excellent communication skills (both verbally and in written form), organizational skills, eye for detail, positive motivational attitude, ability to handle all communication between customers, employees and vendors
• Having a working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Word and Excel
• Must be self motivated ethical, adaptable and have the ability to work independently to meet deadlines
The physical demands described her are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, and crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.