FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Job Status: Part Time
Work Schedule: Varies
Reports To: Production Manager
Amount of Travel Required: Minimal
Perform laboratory tasks under supervision of Production Manager. Assist with the operation and supervision of the bottling line, crush pad operations, cellaring, and vineyard.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
• Winemaking Functions
- Assist in all lab analysis on juices and wines
- Assist in sanitization of lab and winemaking areas
- Help coordinate daily wine movement work orders
- Regularly update (daily, weekly, monthly) wine movement records, varietal files, and grower records.
- Prepare yeast inoculates and monitor all fermentations
- Assist in wine movements
- Maintain inventory and order lab and winemaking supplies
- Ensure proper documentation of all additions, movement and changes in the lab books
• Inventory Control
- Enter monthly computer records of bulk wine inventory, and reconcile to physical inventory
- Prepare monthly bulk inventory reports for use in TTB and TABC tax statements
- Maintain and update inventory of competition wines
- Update tank charts and tank cards
- Input bottling reports
• Miscellaneous Duties
- Help with production tasks (crush/press, bottling, wine movements) and vineyard work as time allows
- Study winery technology and research to improve quality and efficiency of all winemaking functions
• Degree in chemistry, agronomy, crop science, or related degree and/or 12 months of lab analysis experience
• Ability to operate a personal computer.
• Good lab analysis skills
The physical demands described her are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, and crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds up to four feet, climb ladders and move on top of tanks and equipment. The employee is frequently required to stand for long periods of time. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work may be performed either inside or outside. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.