FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Job Status: Part Time
Work Schedule: Varies
Reports To: Guest Center Manager
Amount of Travel Required: Minimal
Perform repair and equipment maintenance for Messina Hof Winery Fredericksburg facility. Assist winery, vineyard and production tasks in every facet of work as needed.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
• Maintenance of entire physical plant to include mechanical, electrical, plumbing, air conditioning, refrigeration, etc.
• Care and maintenance of all company equipment and machinery
• Maintenance and repairs of all vehicles, tractors and mowers
• Problem solve equipment and machinery malfunctions
• Maintain inventory records and accountability for records for tools, supplies and equipment
• Assist in maintaining stock levels on all backup and replacement parts and equipment needed to facilitate seamless company operations
• Conduct weekly maintenance on vehicles and keep maintenance records on upkeep – Includes box truck, vans, SUV, forklifts, vineyard truck, etc.
• Responsible for controlling tools to prevent tool loss
• Responsible for tool check in and check out
• Assist with trellis and irrigation construction and maintenance as needed
• Help with production tasks and vineyard work as necessary
• Aid in the crop harvest process as necessary
• Deliver Messina Hof products in a timely and professional manner to wholesale customers and other Messina Hof locations as necessary, as well as collections on wholesale accounts
• Regularly attend in-service training meetings
• Other duties as assigned
• 1 – 3 years related experience
• Ability to operate and maintain a tractor
The physical demands described her are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, and crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds up to four feet, climb ladders and move on top of tanks and equipment. The employee is frequently required to stand for long periods of time. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work may be performed either inside or outside.