FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Job Status: Full Time
• Managers are expected to work the number of hours required to complete their duties.
• May attend monthly Managers’ Training (currently first Wednesday after the first Tuesday of each month at 9:00 a.m.).
Direct Supervisor: Messina Hof Hill Country (MHHC) Tasting Room Manager
Responsible for the growth, direction, and maintenance of Messina Hof Hill Country’s Guest Center and Manor Haus Bed and Breakfast. The purpose of the Messina Hof Guest Center is to welcome visitors of Messina Hof as family guests into the Messina Hof “living room” and to embrace them as personal friends of our Messina Hof family. Assist them in any way possible in selection, education, and consultation.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
• Assistant to the Tasting Room Manager with the following responsibilities:
• Assist in the oversight of sales and operation of entire Messina Hof Hill Country Winery, VIP Room and Manor Haus Bed and Breakfast
• Budgeting gift shop inventory and shipping
• Scheduling retail workers and Manager on Duty (MOD), supervise and coordinate all winery activities
• Responsible for passing on to the administrative staff all things pertaining to administration of MHHC Winery
• Scheduling physical setup for special group events
• Assuring daily maintenance of retail area including preparation, stocking and pricing
• Coordination of gift preparation, maintain inventories of saleable gift items and promotional materials
• Responsible for all shipping related to MHHC – Retail and wholesale maintaining shipping records, and all shipping follow up calls
• Developing and executing sales goals and target products
• Maintain daily ADS numbers and ADS histories by salesperson, sale calendars, manpower scheduling and event statistics
• Be responsible for ensuring open and ongoing communication with administration and staff at MH Bryan
• Ensure your department members receive appropriate training in all areas
• Responsible for physical maintenance and upkeep of Guest Center and Manor Haus Bed and Breakfast
• Conduct education classes in wine, wine/food, and wine appreciation
• Retail sales and tasting
• Assisting Tasting Room Manager in the directing of education of Messina Hof guests in wine as food and wine/food combinations
• Coordinate hospitality training with MHHC retail staff
• Increase market share of retail room and wine bar area
• Promote events, tastings, parties and repeat sales at the winery
• Establish rapport and maintain relationships with customers
• Work closely with staff to promote and sell special events, products and other services
• Oversee VIP and Wine Club and develop plans for pick-up parties and VIP receptions/events
• Assist with for full facility profitability and hitting revenue and expense goals
• Assist with developing merchandising plans and scheduling execution
• Inventory Control:
• Assist with budget, purchase and reconciliation of wine and gift shop items
• Maintain 0 shrinkage
• Maintain daily knowledge of floor stock, case goods by vintage and bulk wine inventories for sale
• Responsible for coordination of all transfers from Bryan to Fredericksburg facility (wine, gourmet foods, gift shop items, merchandise and supplies)
• Assist with ensuring that minimum inventory levels are maintained for all wine, merchandise and supplies
• Conduct monthly inventories in accordance with procedure
• Account for all stock movements and adjustments
• Perform other duties as required
• Related degree and/or 3-5 years related experience
• Good management skills and ability to supervise
• Leadership abilities
• Ability to use a personal computer to run registers, post daily sales and reconcile monies
The physical demands described her are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, and crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.