FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Job Status: Full Time
Work Schedule: 40 hours per week
Reports To: Accounting Manager
Amount of Travel Required: n/a
This position is responsible for all transactions with regard to accounts payable (AP) and accounts receivable (AR) on a daily basis. This position oversees out of state tax filings and e-commerce permits, purchase orders and administrative receiving. Will cross train in Accounting areas.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
• Responsible for all accounts receivable (AR) and accounts payable (AP) duties
• Prepare monthly reconciliation of all accounts payable transactions, accounts receivable, and aging reports
• Record wholesale cash receipts in accounts receivable program
• Print, mail and track collections every two weeks or more frequently as needed
• Act as liaison between all accounts payable vendors, suppliers and Messina Hof staff, to oversee that all orders are made and all inconsistencies are reconciled
• Input and process accounts payable transactions for all companies. Communicate with vendors, suppliers and Messina Hof staff to reconcile invoices, purchase orders and account discrepancies. Code and/or verify correct coding on all invoices and purchase orders. Review purchase orders for completeness and authority.
• Reconcile and supervise all purchase order (PO) procedures and processes
• Code and/or verify correct coding on all invoices and purchase orders
• Submit weekly reports on outstanding Purchase Orders
• Reconcile and maintain petty cash on an ongoing basis, and maintain log
• Initiate & maintain W-9 information requests for vendor 1099s and maintain all vendor files
• Reconcile general ledger entries as related to current job duties
• Responsible for receiving including signing for deliveries and notify department of items delivered. Compare delivered items to packing list and purchase order, and review signed packing list to authorize payment. Return items to sender if delivery refused for lack of purchase order.
• Receive new inventory into CounterPoint and assure correct labeling and condition
• Assist with processing of chargebacks and depletion allowances from distributor
• Audit temporary price reductions (TPRs) and New Item Authorizations initiated by Wholesale, troubleshoot errors, new
product authorizations and price changes
• Act as liaison with and facilitator of distributor sales of Messina Hof products
• Assist monthly with production inventory and reconciliation as needed
• Oversee fund transactions to and from FSA bank account and Profit Sharing Plan
• Maintain records of grape growers, including contracts, lot originations, weigh tickets
• Maintain all vendor, supplier and legal contracts, agreements and terms
• Maintain all permits, certificated, and warranties for company, including for company equipment and vehicles
• Prepare and complete all out of state tax reporting and taxes. Maintain and obtain as needed permits related to e-commerce. Audit and reconcile as needed.
• Maintain current knowledge of organizational policies and procedures, federal and state policies and directives, and current accounting standards
• Assist with payroll processing and tax filings as required
• Survey operations to ascertain accounting needs and to recommend, develop or maintain solutions to business or financial problems
• Conduct audits and implement internal controls as needed
• Perform other duties as required.
• Requires a degree in accounting plus 3-5 years of related experience in GL, AR/AP, cash control, and Internal Audits.
• Ability to use a personal computer and proficient in word processing, spreadsheets, and database applications
• Ability to use a 10 key by touch, type 45-50 words per minute (WPM) and operate a variety of office equipment
• Accounting systems knowledge and specific knowledge of state laws and statutes involving accounting practices, taxes and human resources
• Must have good people skills, be self-motivated, ethical and have the ability to work independently to meet necessary deadlines
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in written form
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, and crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. The employee is frequently required to stand for long periods of time. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work may be performed either inside or outside.