This position will oversee the day-to-day operations of the Vintage House Restaurant (FOH and BOH), Wine Bar and operational aspects of Designer Events. It will also be involved with the direct marketing and selling of Messina Hof Winery and Resort. This position includes chef manager support duties. This position will be responsible for assisting in selling and coordinating all Messina Hof In-House and Contracted Events, as well as direct execution of all events, both in-house and client purchased within Designer Events. This position will be responsible for assisting in creating and selling new events throughout the year.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
• Oversee all operational aspects of the Vintage House, the Wine Bar and operational aspects of event execution for Designer Events.
• Oversee all administrative duties and procedures of the Vintage House and Wine Bar staff, as well as Designer Event waitstaff, to include hiring, training, discipline and managing employee development plans.
• Responsible for facilitating Messina Hof’s high standards of cleanliness and customer service.
• Maintain VH/DE waitstaff/WB files and process administrative paperwork regarding personnel, including, but not limited to, Absence Requests, Disciplinary Forms, Counseling Forms, etc.
• Be responsible for achieving revenue goals and profitability within the F&B departments.
• Responsible for maximizing sales and controlling expenses to make departments most profitable and run within budgetary guidelines.
• Maintain operational labor expenses for Vintage House, Wine Bar and Designer Events within expected budgetary guidelines.
• Oversee inventory control, reconciliation and maintain full stock of all wines and items.
• Oversee inventory control, reconciliation and cost guidelines for food cost associated with the Vintage House and Wine Bar.
• Be responsible for all cash and non-cash transactions.
• Update Vintage House and Wine Bar policy and procedure manuals as necessary, as well as Designer Events operational procedure and training manuals.
• Budget preparation for areas under direct supervision.
• Do general ledger, profit and loss, trial balance and budget reconciliation on regular basis.
• Be responsible for safety and protection of departmental employees, including ongoing work site analyses.
• Be responsible for ensuring open and ongoing communications with administration and staff.
• Submit promotion and marketing suggestions to develop aggressive Vintage House, Wine Bar, and Designer Events revenue and marketing strategies.
• Responsible for coordinating with General Manager and Marketing/Public Relations Department for all marketing and sales initiatives via social media, advertising, and direct public relations.
• Be responsible for ensuring proper processing of time cards and verifying tip shares for Vintage House and Wine Bar employees, as well as Designer Event operations employees.
• Oversee and maintain physical plant / maintenance reports for responsible areas.
• Oversee selling, planning and coordinating of all Wine Bar events, in-house events (including but not limited to Cooking School, Wine and Roses Festival, Harvest, Wine Premiere, Murder Mystery Dinners, Winemaker’s Birthday Bash and New Year’s Eve Party).
• Increase market share of Wine Bar, Vintage House and coordinating marketing initiatives
• Develop merchandising plans and oversee execution.
• Oversee all operational planning, event set-up, execution and tear down for In-House events, Designer Events and Wine Bar events.
• Responsible for on-going organization and cleanliness of Resource Room, Gallery, Barn and Wine Bar.
• General oversee of purchasing for all food and related supplies, through proper purchase order procedures where applicable.
• Be responsible for ensuring preparation of meals and menus.
• Responsible for maintenance of a 95 or better score in Health Department Inspections.
• Act as liaison between Vintage House vendors, suppliers and Messina Hof Staff, in conjunction with General Manager.
• Train all staff involved in Food and Beverage service, on fine dining restaurant procedures, computer handling and company procedures.
• Assist with Back of House functions as needed.
• Other duties as designated.
• Three to five (3-5) years experience in fine dining restaurant and event management. Experience in management, retail or a related field working closely with the public and Hotel Management.
• Must have active TABC Certification, Kitchen Manager Certificate and Food Handlers Certification at all times.
• Able to supervise a Front of House Manager, wait staff, event sales persons, and Wine Bar employees.
• Ability to execute and improve existing MH events, as well as design and plan new events.
• Able to use a personal computer for register transactions, word processing, spreadsheets and budgeting of expenses incurred, on a monthly basis. Ability to read P&L’s and control cost centers.
• Good communication skills, personnel skills, highly motivated, and highly organized.
• Must be detailed oriented and able to coordinate various activities simultaneously. Must have excellent organizational skills and ability to work independently.
• Must have good written and oral communication skills.
• Must have basic wine knowledge to help customer service.
• Ability to deal with guests, co-workers, and business associates in a courteous and professional manner. Must be people and hospitality oriented.
The physical demands described her are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, and crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee is frequently required to stand for long periods of time. The employee is frequently required to climb up and down stairs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.