Click To Visit Website!
Provides the following on a part time basis: member service by receiving and processing transactions and answering questions. Accurately balances cash drawer daily. Performs routine office tasks, including typing, answering telephones, filing and handling mail. Performs additional duties as directed by the Lead Teller or Branch Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Process member transactions to include, but not limited to, deposits, withdrawals, payments, money orders, traveler’s checks, savings bond redemption, transfers, coin exchange.
- Open and process night deposit and ATM deposits, maintaining dual control at all times.
- Process paper payrolls from Select Employee Groups to member accounts.
- Use sound judgment when accepting checks for deposit in order to determine whether to place holds on funds or not. Seek management direction and/or approval if in doubt.
- Process Verification of Deposits (V.O.D.’s).
- Film teller work daily and process transit checks using Check 21.
- Proactively cross-sell products and services to meet member’s needs.
- Answer product and service related questions and assist with research requests.
- Be knowledgeable of and accountable for credit union policies and procedures.
- Sell consignment tickets to members & non-members keeping accurate records of sales in appropriate log books.
- Communicate to both members and fellow employees using effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Maintain filing of open member loan files. Pull closed account files for loan department. Pull closed signature cards and maintain for permanent retention.
- Maintain and balance the self-serve coin machine as needed.
- Maintain and balance the ATM as needed.
- Maintain professional work ethic, attitude, appearance & attendance.
- Any other duties and assignments as assigned by Senior Teller, Senior Member Services Manager or President.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); some related experience and/or training (previous teller/cash handling experience preferred); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- PC experience and knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel programs preferred.
- Must possess excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Must exercise good judgment at all times.
- Ability to cross-sell credit union benefits preferred.
- Patience and attention to details a must.
- Knowledge of small office machines, i.e., calculators, fax machines, copy machines, etc.
- Must possess organization skills, be able to perform multi-tasks, and able to manage time effectively.
- Must be goal oriented.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret procedure manuals, general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, employees, members and the general public. Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as interest and percentages. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical solutions.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusion. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instruction furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands or arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to the risk of robbery and potential physical and/or emotional harm.
Must be bondable and possess a valid Texas Driver’s license. Job requires running of errands at times.
SCOPE AND FREQUENCY OF CONTACT
Constant contact with other employees, members of the credit union, vendors, and the general public.
Please email your resume to email@example.com
, fax it to Human Resources at 254-867-1083 or stop by any First Central Credit Union branch and complete an employment application.
First Central Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer