Click To Visit Website!
Performs general clerical office tasks in a variety of areas which may include typing, sorting and routing mail, and providing information to members. May also perform some teller functions, open and close accounts, and take loan applications. Answer phones and member questions. Direct phone calls to proper area of the credit union. Greet members entering the credit union.
1:30 pm - 5:30 pm, Monday through Friday; rotating Saturdays 9:00 am - 1:00 pm.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Greet members as they enter the lobby.
- Handle multi line telephone system.
- Enter loan applications, pull credit report and loan folders.
- Open and sort mail, forward to the appropriate person.
- Scan obituaries for deceased members.
- Audit signature cards for other member services staff and file.
- Review check vendor invoices for accuracy.
- Maintain denied loan log, send denial notices, print monthly loan denial log for Lending Manager.
- Prepare Home Equity packets.
- Scan credit union documents as needed.
- Provide notary services as needed.
- Check e-mail several times daily and forward to proper department.
- Perform account transfers and check withdrawals.
- Check online sources for loan applications several times daily.
- Close lobby daily.
- Ensure lobby is clean and neat each evening.
- Open and close savings, share draft, IRA, and certificates of deposit accounts.
- Issue and maintain ATM & debit cards. Be able to answer most common questions regarding the cards.
- Perform maintenance and address changes to accounts.
- Order checks and issue temporary checks.
- Assist loan department with file retention records.
- Log and file in labeled boxes.
- Assist loan officers with credit agreement packets.
- Make new file folders for loans.
- Type correspondence as assigned.
- Print loan coupons as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); some college or business school; or related experience and/or training (previous teller or customer service preferred); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- PC experience and knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel programs preferred.
- Must possess excellent customer service and communication skills. Must be pleasant, friendly, and outgoing.
- Must exercise good judgment at all times.
- Patience and attention to details a must.
- Must be capable of cross-selling services.
- Knowledge of small office machines, i.e., calculators, fax machines, copy machines, etc.
- Must possess organization skills, be able to perform multi-tasks, and able to manage time effectively.
- Must be goal oriented.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret procedure manuals, general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, employees, members and the general public.
Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as interest and percentages. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical solutions.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusion. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instruction furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands or arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to the risk of robbery and potential physical and/or emotional harm.
Must be bondable and possess a valid Texas Driver’s license. Job requires running of errands at times.
SCOPE AND FREQUENCY OF CONTACT
Constant contact with other employees, members of the credit union, vendors, and the general public.
Please email your resume to email@example.com
, fax it to Human Resources at 254-867-1083 or stop by any First Central Credit Union branch and complete an employment application.
First Central Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer