Click To Visit Website!
The GL Accountant reports to the Vice President of Finance. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, preparing STAT & GAAP journal entries, monthly reconciliations and monthly budget comparison reports for monthly general ledger close.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Perform accounting functions as assigned including, but not limited to, book, reconcile and report STAT and GAAP adjustments on a monthly basis. Maintain account additions and changes to the general ledger and reporting software. Develop and maintain allocation factors for distribution of expenses by department or function. Provide supporting role for premium tax preparation and investment accounting.
Reporting & Analysis:
Prepares or assists in preparation of budget variance reports for department managers. Prepares or assists in preparation of schedules and exhibits for financial reporting.
Assist accounts payable with coding and allocation of department expenses.
Contribute to department and organization special projects as assigned.
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Knowledge of Statutory accounting principles preferred.
- Intermediate experience with MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and similar programs.
- Intermediate knowledge of major accounting software packages for both general ledger and statutory accounting.
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with varying levels of difficulty.
Bachelors of Science in Accounting, Finance or equivalent from an accredited university.
Three to five years of experience in general ledger accounting.
Salary negotiable, DOE.