CHARLESTON, W.Va. (April 2, 2013)—Shain Gandee, 21, a star of the MTV reality show "BUCKWILD" and two passengers, whose bodies were found in Gandee’s 1984 Ford Bronco, died of carbon monoxide poisoning, authorities said Tuesday.
Gandee, his uncle and another passenger were found dead Monday in the Bronco, which was stuck in a mud hole, its tail pipe submerged.
It's possible the gas could have filled the cabin because of the clogged exhaust pipe.
The Kanawha County Sheriff's Department says autopsies completed Tuesday confirmed the three men died from the gas.
Their deaths have been ruled accidental.
The victims' bodies were released to funeral homes, but no arrangements were immediately announced.
Shooting for the second season of the show set around Sissonville and Charleston has been suspended.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.