TORONTO (August 22, 2013)--Almost 100 people reported symptoms of foodborne illness after attending the annual Canadian National Exhibition, public health officials in Toronto said.
Paramedics treated 34 people who had symptoms of gastrointestinal illnesses earlier this week and five required hospital treatment.
Kris Scheuer, a Toronto Public Health spokeswoman, said Thursday that the number affected is now close to 100.
Public health officials say a thorough investigation is underway.
Food samples from a vendor were sent to a lab for testing, but the source of illness hasn't been confirmed.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.