CONAKRY, Guinea (March 28, 2014) Health officials in the West African nation of Guinea say they're treating four cases of Ebola in the capital city.
Dr. Sakoba Keita, a spokesman for the health ministry, announced on national television that the virus had reached the city of 3 million.
Already at least 63 people have died in the country's south since the Ebola outbreak began last week.
The highly infectious virus causes hemorrhagic fever in its victims, and has a mortality rate as high as 90 percent.
Keita said the new cases involved patients who had been in contact with the body of one of the earlier victims.
He said health officials on Friday were seeking to quarantine anyone who took part in the burials.
Authorities in neighboring Liberia are also investigating several suspected cases.