LOOMIS, Calif. (November 27, 2012)--A fourth person has died from eating a soup made with poisonous mushrooms earlier this month at senior care facility in California, the Placer County, Calif., Sheriff's Department said Tuesday.
The sheriff’s department said it had been notified by a mortuary of the death, but did not yet know the identity of the victim.
Three others at the Gold Age Villa in Loomis died from eating the mushrooms in what sheriff's investigators have previously characterized as an accident.
All of the victims were sickened on Nov. 8, including the caretaker who made the soup.
The other people who died were identified as Barbara Lopes, 86, Teresa Olesniewicz, 73, and Frank Warren Blodgett, 90.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.