(Temple Fire & Rescue photo)
TEMPLE (June 21, 2012)—An electrical malfunction in the pump housing area of a hot tub caused a fire early Thursday that did an estimated $400,000 damage to a Temple family’s home and its contents.
The fire was reported just after 6:20 a.m. Thursday in the 2800 block of Creek Side Drive.
The fire was reported to be under control just before 9:40 a.m.
The first crew on the scene reported that heavy smoke and flames were coming from the house.
Three adults were in the two-story brick house when the fire started and they all escaped safely, fire officials said Thursday evening.
Smoke alarms alerted them to the fire, officials said.
The husband and wife were staying with relatives Thursday evening, officials said.
No one was hurt.