ELM MOTT (November 27, 2012)—Ava Reid, who was badly burned in an Elm Mott house fire that took her grandfather’s life, has been released from a Dallas hospital to begin her rehabilitation.
Reid, 3, was injured in an August house fire in Elm Mott that took the life of Larry Young and also injured Reid’s grandmother and uncle.
The girl had been in the burn unit at Parkland Hospital, in Dallas, since being flown there on the day of the blaze.
Reid’s grandmother said the young girl has about four weeks of rehab and physical therapy ahead of her but that she is doing very well.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.