COLLEGE STATION (April 16, 2014) What was initially reported as a chemical led to the evacuation of a building Wednesday on the Texas A&M campus.
Just before 8 a.m. Wednesday, the university sent out a campus-wide emergency alert advising of the spill at the 136,620-square-foot Cain Building, which houses 12 mechanical engineering and 11 physics laboratories and 17 classrooms for general university classes.
Officials initially said that a malfunctioning circulation pump caused a chemical solution in a machine used to clean 3D printer parts to overheat, sending fumes into a third-floor room and triggering an automatic alarm.
The problem was traced to a transformer.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.