WACO (December 14, 2012)—Fire destroyed the cab of an 18-wheeler Friday morning while the driver was getting cleaned up inside a Waco truck stop.
The rig was parked at the Flying J Travel Plaza at 2409 South New Road when the fire started, evidently as the result of an electrical problem.
Bystanders used fire extinguishers to keep the flames from spreading to the trailer.
Firefighters doused the fire, but said the cab of the rig was destroyed.
No injuries were reported.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.