Cab Of 18-Wheeler Goes Up In Flames At Local Truck Stop

By: Kyle Muscarello Email
By: Kyle Muscarello Email
Fire destroyed the cab of an 18-wheeler Friday morning while the driver was cleaning up inside a local struck stop.

(Photo by Kyle Muscarello)

WACO (December 14, 2012)—Fire destroyed the cab of an 18-wheeler Friday morning while the driver was getting cleaned up inside a Waco truck stop.

The rig was parked at the Flying J Travel Plaza at 2409 South New Road when the fire started, evidently as the result of an electrical problem.

Bystanders used fire extinguishers to keep the flames from spreading to the trailer.

Firefighters doused the fire, but said the cab of the rig was destroyed.

No injuries were reported.


KWTX-TV News 10 6700 American Plaza Waco, Texas 76712 (254) 776-1330 Fax (254) 751-1088
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 183506221 - kwtx.com/a?a=183506221
Gray Television, Inc.