Central Texas Man Electrocuted While Trimming Trees

By: Paul J. Gately Email
By: Paul J. Gately Email

FORT GATES (October 7, 2013)--A Fort Gates man was electrocuted Sunday afternoon when the chain saw he was using to trim a tree cut into an overhead power line.

Eddie Benson, 57, was using a pole-type chain saw to trim trees at his house when the saw came into contact with an overhead power line, authorities said.

Gatesville police dispatched Coryell Memorial EMS to 512 Old Fort Gates Road just after 1:15 p.m. Sunday.

Paramedics found Benson lying on the ground having suffered a high voltage electrocution.

Coryell County Justice of the Peace Coy Latham pronounced Benson dead and did not order an autopsy, Latham's office said.

Latham ruled the death accidental.

KWTX-TV News 10 6700 American Plaza Waco, Texas 76712 (254) 776-1330 Fax (254) 751-1088
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 226765851 - kwtx.com/a?a=226765851
Gray Television, Inc.