TEMPLE (October 7, 2013)—The Scott & White Hospital Microbiology Lab Monday confirmed that three adults have tested positive for flu A or flu B, two in Bell County and one in Williamson County.
The hospital is encouraging residents to get vaccinated.
The onset of influenza is rapid and a person who feels well may fall very ill within just a couple of hours, the hospital said.
The flu typically lasts for about five days with the same symptoms as a cold along with a high or higher fever, chills and body aches.
(Source: Scott & White)
• Wash hands with soap and warm, running water or use hand sanitizers often
• Cover your nose and mouth when sneezing or coughing
• If possible, reduce your exposure to infected individuals
• Use over-the-counter medications or prescriptions to treat your symptoms
• If your symptoms persist, consult your physician