TEMPLE (October 7, 2013)—The Scott & White Hospital Microbiology Lab Monday confirmed that three adults have tested positive for flu A or flu B, two in Bell County and one in Williamson County.
The hospital is encouraging residents to get vaccinated.
The onset of influenza is rapid and a person who feels well may fall very ill within just a couple of hours, the hospital said.
The flu typically lasts for about five days with the same symptoms as a cold along with a high or higher fever, chills and body aches.
(Source: Scott & White)
• Wash hands with soap and warm, running water or use hand sanitizers often
• Cover your nose and mouth when sneezing or coughing
• If possible, reduce your exposure to infected individuals
• Use over-the-counter medications or prescriptions to treat your symptoms
• If your symptoms persist, consult your physician
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.