MART (March 6, 2013)—A house fire Wednesday in Mart displaced a family of five including the son of an area fire chief, who was among the firefighters who battled the blaze.
No one was home when the fire broke out Tuesday afternoon in the house at 1510 East Texas Ave.
Doug and Kim Hollister, their two grown children and their 18-month-old grandchild have lived in the house for about two-and-a-half years.
Doug Hollister’s father, Prairie Hill Fire Chief Claude Hollister, was among the firefighters who responded to the blaze.
The family’s 14-year-old Chihuahua was missing.
The cause of the fire may have been electrical, authorities said.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.