House Fire Leaves 5 Local Residents Homeless

By: Kyle Muscarello Email
By: Kyle Muscarello Email
Five people including a 10-month-old infant were homeless Thursday after a late-night house fire.

(Photo by Kyle Muscarello)

WACO (December 13, 2012)—A late-night house fire in a Waco neighborhood left five people including a 10-month-old infant homeless.

The Red Cross was providing assistance to the residents Thursday.

The fire was reported just after 11 p.m. at 824 North 34th St.

The residents escaped without injury, but the house was a total loss.

A preliminary investigation showed that the fire may have started in the kitchen near the stove.

Debbie Guerrero, who lived in the home with her three grown children and infant granddaughter, said nothing was salvageable.

She said she and the other four are now sharing a hotel room and will make a decision within the next few days about where to live next.

They had been living in the rented house for a year.

KWTX-TV News 10 6700 American Plaza Waco, Texas 76712 (254) 776-1330 Fax (254) 751-1088
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 183296361 -
Gray Television, Inc.