TEMPLE (November 14, 2012)--A family of six was displaced Wednesday morning after a fire damaged the laundry room and kitchen of their home in Temple.
Temple Fire and Rescue spokesman Thomas Pechal said firefighters were sent just after 9 a.m. to the home at 3705 Red Bud Rd. where the first units on the scene reported smoke coming from the single story brick structure.
Once inside firefighters found fire in a laundry room that had spread to the adjacent kitchen.
Four family members, including three children ages 13, 11 and 9, and one adult heard a smoke alarm and escaped from the house before firefighters arrived.
An 18-year-old and another adult were not home at the time of the fire.
Pechal said the laundry room and kitchen suffered significant fire and smoke damage and the rest of the house was damaged by heat, smoke and water.
The cause of the fire hasn’t been determined, Pechal said.
Pechal said it took more than 15 firefighters about 30 minutes to bring the fire under control.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.