House Fire Leaves Central Texas Man Injured

By: Paul J. Gately Email
By: Paul J. Gately Email

TROY (November 22, 2013) A house fire early Friday in Troy left one man injured and destroyed his home.

The fire started just before 6:30 a.m. in the 1900 block of Big Elm Road, Bell County Fire Marshal Steve Casey said.

Casey said a man who lived in the home was overcome by smoke and was taken by ambulance to a Temple hospital for treatment.

Information about his condition wasn’t immediately available.

Casey said the single-story home was destroyed.

A Temple Fire & Rescue unit was sent to the scene to refill firefighters' air bottles, spokesman Thomas Pechal said.

KWTX-TV News 10 6700 American Plaza Waco, Texas 76712 (254) 776-1330 Fax (254) 751-1088
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 233009271 -
Gray Television, Inc.