Local Man Suffers Burns While Trying To Save Cat From Burning RV

ELM MOTT(October 6,2012)--A man was severely burned Saturday afternoon after he ran inside a burning RV to save his cat.

The fire started after 12:30 p.m. in the 200 block of Oak Grove Circle in Elm Mott.

The Mclennan Sheriff Department said the fire started with a lit candle.

The mobile home was located next to the owner's residence.

Mclennan Sheriff Department said when the man discovered the RV was on fire, he ran inside to save his cat.

The cat ran away from him and is still missing.

The man was transported to Hillcrest Baptist Medical Center with second degree burns.


KWTX-TV News 10 6700 American Plaza Waco, Texas 76712 (254) 776-1330 Fax (254) 751-1088
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 172990161 - kwtx.com/a?a=172990161