ELM MOTT(October 6,2012)--A man was severely burned Saturday afternoon after he ran inside a burning RV to save his cat.
The fire started after 12:30 p.m. in the 200 block of Oak Grove Circle in Elm Mott.
The Mclennan Sheriff Department said the fire started with a lit candle.
The mobile home was located next to the owner's residence.
Mclennan Sheriff Department said when the man discovered the RV was on fire, he ran inside to save his cat.
The cat ran away from him and is still missing.
The man was transported to Hillcrest Baptist Medical Center with second degree burns.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.