(Photo by Justin White)
HALLSBURG (June 21, 2012)--A swimming pool service company van burst into flames Thursday while parked in front of home in Hallsburg and there was some concern that the chemicals it was carrying might be dangerous.
Just after noon Thursday, firefighters from Hallsburg and Elk and a hazardous materials team from the Waco Fire Department were sent to 6688 East Highway 6 where the first crew on the scene reported the van was engulfed in flames.
The pool service technician was able to remove all the chlorine from the truck before the fire got too intense, but after dousing the flames, crews found two bottles of muriatic acid still inside.
The Waco Fire Marshal's office said firefighters tested the area around where the acid was found and determined it to be safe.
The fire gutted the van, but the house nearby wasn’t damaged.
No one was injured.