TOLEDO, Ohio (November 12, 2012)—Police in Toledo, Ohio say five people including three children were found dead Monday and investigators think all five may have died from carbon monoxide poisoning.
Firefighters found the bodies after breaking into a garage and police say they believe the deaths weren't accidental.
Toledo police spokesman Joe Heffernan says the bodies were found in the garage of the Toledo home at around 3:15 p.m. Monday.
Heffernan said officers were sent to check on those inside the house after getting a call from a concerned family member.
Lucas County coroner, Dr. James Patrick, told The Toledo Blade that the victims are a 56-year-old woman, her grandchildren, ages 10, 7 and 5, and a 32-year-old man, who is an uncle of one of the children.
A flatbed car-hauler was seen backing in toward the garage.