SEOUL, South Korea (March 30, 2013)--North Korea says it has entered 'a state of war' with South Korea in the latest in a series of threats that have raised tensions on the Korean Peninsula.
A statement Saturday by Pyongyang said all matters between the sides will be dealt with in a manner befitting war.
Earlier this week, North Korean leader Kim Jong Un ordered troops on high alert in response to annual U.S.-South Korean drills.
He warned his forces were ready "to settle accounts with the U.S." after two American B-2 bombers flew a training mission in South Korea.
South Korea said the latest threat is a follow-up to Kim's order.
Analysts say a full-scale conflict would be suicidal for Pyongyang and the threats are aimed at drawing Washington into talks.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.